Join us on Saturday, October 6th for the 2018 SICB Midwest Regional Meeting at the University of Missouri. Traditionally, these meetings have maintained a supportive and encouraging environment for trainee researchers to present their work.
The schedule will include a few longer keynote talks interspersed with short, 5-minute talks that present a new finding or idea.
We will have space for poster presentations and dedicated time for poster viewing as well.
If you have any questions, contact:
- Casey Holliday (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kevin Middleton (email@example.com)
The Meeting will take place at the newly constructed Patient Centered Care Learning Center (HSC1 on the map) at the University of Missouri.
Callum Ross (University of Chicago)
- Haley O'Brien (Oklahoma State University)
- Manuel Leal (University of Missouri)
- Jason Bourke (NYIT Jonesboro)
- Kevin Middleton (University of Missouri)
- Meeting Registration via Eventbrite
- Your registration includes breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch, and the evening dinner/reception on Saturday.
- Faculty registration is $40. Student/traniee registration is $15.
- Please register by September 27th.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Presentation Registration & T-shirt Pre-order
- Register to give a 5-minute lightning talk or a poster presentation.
- Please register for a presentation and/or T-shirt by September 27th.
- Pre-order a meeting T-shirt for $15. Cash or check, accepted at the meeting.
- If you are just attending and don't want to present or order a T-shirt, you do not need to fill out this additional form.
Friday October 5
- We will meet for a pre-meeting mixer.
Saturday October 6
- After the talks and reception conclude on Saturday, anyone who is interested can walk to downtown Columbia.
5-minute Lightning Talks
- We will have a computer set up that you can copy your slide(s) to.
- Or you can attach your own computer to the projector system.
- We have foam boards that are 3’ x 5’ and can be set up either portrait or landscape orientation.
- We will provide easels and pins as well.
Directions and Parking
Parking: On Saturday, free parking is available in the Virginia Avenue Garage (between Hitt St. and Virginia Ave.). From there it is a 5-10 minute walk to the PCCLC (denoted as HSC1 on the map).
Although it is right next door, please do not park in the Tiger Avenue Garage. You will likely be ticketed.
Several hotels are within walking distance of the PCCLC:
- Hampton Inn and Suites (1225 Fellow's Place Boulevard, Columbia, MO 65201)
- Tiger Hotel (23 S 8th St, Columbia, MO 65201)
- The Broadway (1111 E Broadway, Columbia, MO 65201)
Additional hotels are available near the intersections of Statium Blvd. and US-63 (East side of town), Stadium Blvd. and I-70 (Northwest corner of town), US-63 and I-70 (Northeast corner of town).
Support for the 2018 Midwest Regional SICB Meeting is provided by: